Thursday, October 20, 2011

5 Essentials to Developing a Passion for God


Week 1 - A Christ-centered Heart


1)    A Christ-centered Heart - It is based upon the priority of Christ in our lives.  Is Jesus the priority, passion, and pursuit of your life?

·      The Apostle Paul said "It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me...but whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. (Phil.3)

·       Phil. 3:8  What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ.  9  and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10  I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death…

·       Paul was captivated and compelled by a passion for and vision of Christ.  From the moment Saul's name was changed to Paul he led a Christ-centered life and preached a Christ-centered message. 

·        Since you first came to Christ have you consistently led a Christ-centered life and does your life preach and testify to the reality of Christ in your life?  As the sun is the focal point of our solar system – Our lives should revolve around Christ the Son!

·      To be Christ centered is to center our lives on Jesus and His Word.  This means we must prioritize His Word...in essence, we must be Word centered and demonstrate it by prioritizing time in the Word so that we will grow in our passion for Christ and be transformed by the renewing of our minds and thus conforming to the image of Christ.

·       John 6:68  Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You alone have the words of eternal life."

   The Apostle Paul admonishes us, “Let the Words of Christ dwell in (us) richly…”(Col. 3:16)

·      The more Christ-centered you become in your walk…the more you value Him and live by His Word…the more passionate you will be about Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment